Fulfilling Your Purpose
You were created by God for a specific purpose and destiny. I believe that it is only when you have discovered and are living that purpose do you feel totally fulfilled. So many people are “searching for their purpose”, but I believe that your purpose is on the inside of you and as you live and become awake to who you are, your purpose will unfold – it is a journey. You do not have to look outside of yourself or to anyone else – it is on the inside of you. The truth is that every man, woman and child was placed on earth to advance God’s purpose and to live an abundant and purposeful live.
So how can you begin to discover your passion and live your life purposefully? Below are some questions that will give your clues to who you are and what your purpose is:
- What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
- What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- What makes you feel great about yourself?
- Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
- What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
- What do people typically ask you for help in?
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
- You are now 90 years old, sitting on a rocking chair outside your porch; you can feel the spring breeze gently brushing against your face. You are blissful and happy, and are pleased with the wonderful life you’ve been blessed with. Looking back at your life and all that you’ve achieved and acquired, all the relationships you’ve developed; what matters to you most? List them out.
- What are your deepest values?
- What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
- What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with?
- If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
- Given your talents, passions and values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute? ( to people, beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.
Take the time to write your answers to these 15 questions and as you answer them, you will gain more and more clarity about your purpose.
Additionally, another tool that you can use is to write out a simple mission statement. A personal mission statement provides clarity and gives you a sense of purpose. It defines who you are and how you will live. A mission statement helps you and changes you because it forces you to think through your priorities deeply, carefully, and to align your behaviors with your beliefs.”
A personal mission consists of 3 parts:
- What do I want to do?
- Who do I want to help?
- What is the result? What value will I create?
After you complete this exercise, review your statement daily and take baby steps to live and walk purposefully daily.
WHY IS COACHING IMPORTANT?
Every successful person has a coach. Think of every successful person or celebrity that you know and I guarantee you that they have a coach which assists, supports and directs them toward continual success. Einstein made a powerful statement that I believe defines the coaching process – “It takes a different kind of thinking to solve a problem than the kind of thinking which produced the problem. Simply, “coaching” is the process of helping people develop their capacity to think about things (such as problems, people, relationships, customers, products, services, the future) in new and creative ways so that they can accomplish what they really want to accomplish. One-on-One Coaching with Constance will help you clarify your vision and goals, support you through your fears, keep you focused, confront and change your limiting beliefs, unconscious behaviors and old patterns, design customized strategies to move your forward and begin accelerating your success. Remember…. Whatever you will not acknowledge will not change. Let’s partner together to begin creating the life of your dreams.
Commit to Changing Your Life…